Omi, Omink, Omink...Kin-Ball




We can't always choose when bad things are going to happen. Bad things happen to good people, always, and we have just to have to get through it. That's what this lab taught me in a big way, and I am actually impressed that even though with everything going on, I was able to do this well. However, you may or may not agree with me...



Now, let me start off by saying that I look SO NERVOUS and I have no idea why. I practice on my roommates the day before, and I wasn't nervous at all until I started actually teaching...weird.

As I'm watching this, I noticed that right in the beginning I start rushing through everything, and I didn't give much of an introduction. I even forgot to say my name which should be completely obvious. Again, probably the nerves because I settled down after that fiasco. I also noticed that my voice kept going in and of out. One second I was loud the next sound I was quiet, and I am not usually that quiet (minus the first time teaching). I also wish that I had set up the scooters before the activity started, so I didn't waste time having to have the students go get their own equipment.

I liked that the students seemed to be having fun the most. As I was preparing my packet for this I was hard press to find activities that led up to this game therefore I directed more into making sure the kids were having fun. Just to have the kids slap a ball back and forth would have been boring but adding the scooters up the difficulty and also made it more fun.


Over all, not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I felt that I was really rushed and didn't have a lot of time for anything and forgot a lot of things, but in the end the only thing I messed up on was the introduction and that is something that I know from previous labs I really have to work on. It's far from perfect, but then again, I don't think any teacher is ever perfect.




R.I.P. Christopher
Dream Team always and forever. Love you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment